The short answer is yes, you can have more than one dropshipper on Shopify. However, there are a few things to keep in mind if you’re planning on using multiple dropshippers. For one, you’ll need to make sure that each dropshipper is able to fulfill orders in a timely and efficient manner. This means that you’ll need to do your research on each potential supplier before adding them to your store.
Additionally, you’ll need to be mindful of inventory levels and shipping costs. If you’re working with multiple dropshippers, it’s important to keep track of who has what in stock and how much it will cost to ship items to your customers. Ultimately, whether or not you can successfully use multiple dropshippers on Shopify will come down to how well you manage your suppliers and inventory. If you’re able to keep everything organized and running smoothly, then there’s no reason why you can’t work with multiple dropshippers.
What is a dropshipper?
A dropshipper is a supplier who ships products directly to your customers on your behalf. When you receive an order from a customer, you simply contact the dropshipper and they will ship the products to your customer for you. Dropshipping is a great way to start an online business with little up-front investment, and it’s also a great way to add products to an existing online store.
There are many benefits to dropshipping, including:
1. Low Start-Up Costs: Since you don’t need to carry any inventory, you can start your business with very little money.
2. No Risk of Overstocking: You only order products from your dropshipper after you’ve received an order from a customer, so there’s no risk of overstocking your inventory.
3. Increased Flexibility: Dropshipping gives you the ability to quickly add or remove products from your store as needed, allowing you to quickly respond to changes in demand.
4. Location Independence: Since you don’t need to carry any inventory, you can run your business from anywhere in the world.
Can I have more than one dropshipper on Shopify?
Yes, you can have more than one dropshipper on Shopify. In fact, many Shopify stores have multiple dropshippers.
There are a few things to keep in mind when adding multiple dropshippers to your Shopify store:
1. Make sure you can track inventory levels for each of your dropshippers. This will help you avoid overselling products that are out of stock with one of your suppliers.
2. Add Shipping Rates for each of your dropshippers. This way, customers will know how much shipping will cost for each product they purchase from your store.
3. Choose a fulfillment app that can handle orders from multiple suppliers. This app will automate the process of sending orders to your dropshippers and keeping track of inventory levels.
How to add a dropshipper to my Shopify store
Adding a dropshipper to your Shopify store is a relatively simple process. You’ll need to add the dropshipper as a supplier in your Shopify admin, and then create a new product in your store that’s sourced from that supplier.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to adding a dropshipper to your Shopify store:
1. In your Shopify admin, go to the “Products” page and click “Add product”.
2. Enter the product details, including the name, description, price, and photos.
3. Under “Inventory”, select “Track quantity” and enter the number of units available from your supplier.
4. Under “Shipping”, select “This product is drop-shipped”. This will ensure that customers are not charged for shipping when they purchase this product.
5. Save the product and it will now be available for purchase in your store!
The benefits of having multiple dropshippers
There are several benefits of having multiple dropshippers, the most notable being:
1. Increased Product Selection – When you have multiple dropshippers, you can offer a much wider range of products to your customers. This is because each dropshipper will likely specialize in different types or categories of products.
2. More Flexibility – Having multiple dropshippers gives you more flexibility when it comes to pricing, shipping, and product availability. For example, if one dropshipper runs out of a certain product, you can source it from anotherdropshipper without any issue.
3. Improved Customer Service – With multiple dropshippers, you can offer better customer service by having backups for both out-of-stock items as well as shipping delays. This way, your customers are less likely to experience any inconvenience when shopping with you.
Overall, having multiple dropshippers is a great way to improve your ecommerce business in terms of both selection and customer service.
Things to consider before adding multiple dropshippers
There are a few things you should consider before adding multiple dropshippers to your Shopify store.
1. Shipping Costs: Adding multiple dropshippers will increase your shipping costs. Make sure to factor this into your prices.
2. Inventory Management: You will need to keep track of inventory from multiple suppliers. This can be difficult and time-consuming.
3. Order Fulfillment: You will need to place orders with each supplier separately and track each shipment. This can be very confusing and frustrating for customers if done wrong.
4. Customer Service: You will need to provide excellent customer service in order to keep your customers happy. This includes responding to questions and issues in a timely manner, as well as providing tracking information for orders.
In short, yes! You can have more than one dropshipper on Shopify. This is a great way to diversify your product offerings and give your customers more choice. There are a few things to keep in mind when setting up multiple dropshippers, such as making sure each supplier ships to your country and ensuring that your shipping rates are competitive. But overall, having multiple dropshippers can be a great way to grow your business.